Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Genies and ice cream and pinball...oh my!


The 8 year old had a good idea yesterday. He wanted to do something special with me so he said, "Let's go to Grand Old Creameries." What a GREAT idea! Who doesn't love ice cream? The place that has the best ice cream in town is Grand Ole' Creamery in St. Paul. We go there year round, not just in the summer time. They have a variety of yummy homemade flavors and they also make their own waffle cones...scrumpdillyicious!

I'm not too adventurous when I go there. I have three possible flavors that I choose from; Snickers, Pistachio and Maple Nut. These flavors I usually can't buy in the store.

Now, the 8 year old is more adventurous. He has tried more than three flavors in his short life. Yesterday he decided to have Lime Sorbet. In the past he has tried Bubble Gum, Birthday Cake, Cotton Candy, Peppermint Bon Bon, and a variety of others.

There is another reason he likes to go there. He loves the genie pin ball machine. I have to admit it is one of the coolest pin ball machines I've seen. If you live in the area, you will have to check it out for yourself. Pay close attention to the detail. It says cool things when you hit the ball into certain areas and it makes cool sounds. You can win a magic carpet ride or free the genie from the bottle. It reminds me of the fortune teller machine in the movie "Big" with Tom Hanks. Every boy probably has had some sort of fascination with a machine like this. It's just cool!


The 8 year old has a birthday in 3 months and he has now decided on the theme...ARABIA...complete with genies in the bottle, flying carpets and "Pin the Tail on the CAMEL"! This will be an event not to miss. Last year, I had to create a volcano cake...what kind of cake will he want for this... a pyramid, a genie in the bottle? Hmmm...

No comments: