Thursday, August 2, 2007

At any moment...

Life happens. No one knows how much time we have. I truly believe that when your number is up, it is up. My belief helps me to try and live every day as if it were my last. I strive to do the things that are truly important...kiss my children everyday, read stories to them, have dates with my husband, listen to his dreams, call my mom and dad on the phone or stop by for no reason, stay in touch with my friends and try to treat complete strangers the way that I would like to be treated. At times, I fail and it is a struggle but I wake up to a new day with the opportunity to try again.
I never want to be too set in my ways to take a different route if needed. Children have forced me to take the odd path, see outside the box. If I come home with an idea about how the evening should go, I am usually challenged by each child's different agenda. The day could be going along quite smoothly when a bleeding child enters the door crying or I have to play referee between the oldest and the youngest. You just never know.
My family and the people that I know in Minneapolis/St. Paul were given one more day to live a life full of love and compassion for all people. I will embrace the opportunity, love myself and in turn love life.



“Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.”
Buddha


2 comments:

Lucas said...

profound. so profound. i hate to diminish this post with critique because i think it could stand alone but here goes; i love the sentiment, i love the lack of specifics in the text body. i love the addition of pics for effect. i love the way you have chosen to address this situtation. thank you spic chic for putting into words what i could not. love you. lu

Latin Lupe Lu said...

thanks Lucas. This means a lot to me coming from you. I find your writings enchanting.

take care of you and yours.