Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Rockin' and Rollin' above Hwy 52


I don't know who she was. I didn't hear the tune she played. Yet, the visual energy she sent out as I caught site of her at 60 mph - just as she left my vision- made a lasting impression.
She was a rockin' and a rollin', jammin' on her electric guitar, sandy brown hair blowin' in the wind, Fender Strat strung low across her blue jeans high above Hwy 52 during rush hour. I passed her twice...once heading south between Belvidere and Butler Ave. and then 1/2 hour later heading north. She was still there, blowing in the wind and rockin' to the tune in her head. She held no sign, she waved no American flag. Just her and her guitar.


1 comment:

The Pirate of Selby Avenue said...

I'll take a well-tuned Fender over a sign or a flag any day of week.